Australasian Ayurvedic Practitioners Association
ABN 39 392 200 974AAPA is the Australasian Ayurvedic Practitioners Association, a non-profit organisation. All who serve the Association, and those on the Advisory Board, serve as volunteers. We aim to share our expertise, knowledge and experience with all, and to promote preventative health globally whilst acknowledging the natural health tradition from India. We work towards the same goal, spreading the ancient wisdom to modern times, where the practice, education and science of Ayurveda has taken a quantum leap.
Aims and objectives
The Australian Ayurvedic Practitioners Association has been established to achieve the following key aims and objectives:
- Promote and popularise the Ayurvedic system of health care in the community
- Educate and help people; to promote their wellbeing and health in a natural way
- Safeguard the interest of Ayurveda in Australasia
- Assist practitioners of the Ayurvedic system to come together under one umbrella
- Organise seminars and meetings and to share experience and knowledge
- Uphold and maintain appropriate standards of Ayurvedic practice.
The Constitution of the Australasian Ayurvedic Practitioners Association was adopted on 28th October 1998 at the inaugural meeting of the AAPA in Greenslopes, Queensland.
To view the above file you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader –
Dr. S Ajit
Founder of AAPA
Dr. Ajit has been instrumental in raising the profile of Ayurveda in Australasia, not only through his teaching and practice, but through his numerous speaking engagements, media work and meetings with Government officials.
Patron of AAPA
Professor Kulkarni B.A.M.S., (India) FIIM.MD (AOU) Ayurved-Varidhi (PhD) is a prominent international speaker, author, teacher and physician. He is the founder of the Institute of Ayurveda and Ayurveda Academy in Pune.
Professor Kulkarni is a well known physician, research guide in Ayurveda and ex-Dean of the University of Pune (Ayurveda Faculty), Director of the Institute of Indian Medicine/ Ayurveda Academy, Pune.
- 07 5531 0511
Shanti Gowans is the CEO of the Health institute Australia, Queensland Australia. She sits on the advisory board of the Community Services and Health Industry Skills Council as an industry expert in the field of Ayurveda.
Shanti Gowans is the author of 26 books including:-
- Ayurveda for Health and Wellbeing
- Ayurvedic Cooking
- Yoga & Ayurveda Dictionary
- Food for Life – Ayurvedic recipes: food for health, food as medicine, food to enjoy
- Healthy Body – Structure and functions of the human body and the effects of Ayurveda and Yoga practices on it.
Website Content Editor
- 07 5531 0511
Hilary Sullivan, Grad Dip Ed., B.A. Adv Dip Yoga, Cert IV Ayur. Cert IV TAS. Hilary is the Principal lecturer for Certificate IV Ayurveda at the Health Institute Australia on the Gold Coast in Queensland.
Hilary has a background in teaching yoga and ayurveda. She is currently the Vice Principal of the Health Institute Australia and its public relations coordinator.
Sonja Stauder, B.A. (Japanese and Law). Adv Dip Yoga. Adv. Dip Ayur, Cert IV in Business Studies
Sonja is an Ayurvedic Practitioner.
Sonja Stauder is the director of Education and Studies and Culinary Arts at the Health Institute Australia. She is the current treasurer of AAPA, the Australasian Ayurvedic Practitioners Association.