BY LAWS OF THE AUSTRALASIAN AYURVEDIC PRACTITIONERS ASSOCIATION
CODE OF ETHICS
As a practising member of the Australasian Ayurvedic Practitioners Association Incorporated, I shall:-
- Honour and respect the body, mind, and spirit of my clients.
- Serve those in need, unrestricted by considerations of nationality, race, culture, creed, politics or social status.
- Use my knowledge and skills at all times with compassion and integrity, to provide appropriate service and support for my clients.
- Commit to furthering my professional knowledge and skills in relation to Ayurveda, and shall continually update and extend these through the continuing education guidelines of the Australasian Ayurvedic Practitioners Association Inc.
- Recognise the extent and limitations of my professional expertise, and undertake only those activities that are within my training and competence.
- Make referrals when appropriate, and will not misrepresent myself or Ayurveda in any way.
- Respect, honour and hold in confidence all personal information entrusted to me by my clients, except where interprofessional communications is in their best interests.
- Be familiar with all my legal responsibilities.
- Co-operate loyally with my ayurvedic colleagues, and members of related professions, so that the health needs of my client are met effectively.
- Co-operate with any ethical investigations instigated by the Australasian Ayurvedic Practitioners Association Inc. and will report to the association any actions or practices that clearly violate this code.